.: Retiree's Page
This is the place where retirees can get information about retirement, benefits, or anything else relavent to retirees. Members, both retired
and active, are encouraged to contribute to the page.
.: Retiree News and Information
What do I do about Dental and Vision benefits after retirement? - When you retire you
can continue your medical benefits through PERS, but because your dental and vision benefits were provided by the City, these benefits are limited after retirement. Under COBRA, you can continue the City dental and vision benefits for 18-months, but after that you're on your own.
There are some options for continuing your dental and vision benefits:
- Join your spouses plan, if applicable. This is often the most cost effective option.
- Find a plan on your own. This can be quite expensive.
- PORAC offers retirees a choice of two Delta Dental Plans, plus a VSP vision plan. To be eligible for these plans, retirees must be a Retired Associate PORAC Member. For information on PORAC's Dental and Vision plans Click Here.
- RPOAC offers retirees a choice of three United Healthcare Dental Plans, plus a Vision Plan of America/Avesis vision plan. To be eligible for these plans, retirees must be a Retired Peace Officers Association of California Member. For information on RPOAC's Dental and Vision plans Click Here.
- Costco offers a Delta Dental HMO Plan to Costco Executive Members. For more information on Costco's Dental Insurance offerings
- AARP offers two Delta Dental PPO Plans to AARP Members. For more information on AARP's Dental Insurance offerings